Posted by : Isaiah 17 Jun 2012

Looking back at the time when I just enrolled into college at the very last minute, I'm very grateful that my parents and I chose MCKL as the college of choice. I will never forget the very words that sparked a friendship which would eventually grow into a relationship which is shared between brothers.

WS: (whispers) Eh, you got a pen?
EC: No wor, they didn't give you meh?
WS: (ruffles through goody bag) None.
EC: Wait, let me ask him. (turns to me) Excuse me, do you have a pen where I can borrow?

Now, I could have chosen not to share my pen with that guy who was bald at that time but it was in my virtues that I shared whatever I had with someone who is in need so I quickly took out my pen and handed it to the girl whom I first assumed was his other half.

Me: Sure. Nah, take it.
EC & WS: Thanks.

Up until today, the pen was never returned to me. HAHA. However, that wasn't the point. What mattered most was that although we didn't speak to each other up until the third week in college, he ended up being the closest friend that I have in a foreign city. Not to say that I do not have other good friends but he was one of the two friends that I know that I can always count on whenever I need assistance. 15 months of college might seem like a draggy period but I have never failed to enjoy his company for every single day that I spent in that college. It's always nice to know that every day, you're going to learn something new, laugh, have fun, listen to what your friends have to share about their past and experiences. Not only that, this friend, which I believe, has matured since the day I met him. We have stuck together through thick and thin. There was a time where I remembered I had to actually speak harshly to him just to stop him from making a mistake which might embarrass himself in public and also crush his self-esteem. We've always lent an ear to each other whenever one of us felt down and out with the things that was going on in college. *sigh* What else can I say? If I were to type on the good times we shared, I might need to stay up for a night or two just to make sure I got them all down. It isn't easy to find such a friend. I thought I was lucky to have two when I first came to KL, namely two of my classmates whom I really treasure right down to the core. Now, God has blessed me with another two good friends and they have really brightened up my college life. I might sound soppy and gay-ish to you guys but this is really what I feel deep down inside. Who knows how I would have turned out if I mixed with a bad bunch and ended up partying all night long instead of studying to achieve my goals and ambitions. I guess this is all I can say so far but hey, just for memories sake, I'm going to put up a picture of my friend right here just to show that he isn't my imaginary friend. LOL.

Lol. Just kidding. His nickname is Peanut anyway.

This was the nicest solo picture that I can find on his profile. That was how anti-social he was. Just kidding.

Nut, if you're reading this, I want you to know how much I value our friendship and don't hesitate to ask if you're in need of help, man. I'm just afraid I won't be there to lend you another pen. HAHA.


Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

- Copyright © It's The Thought That Matters - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -