Posted by : Isaiah 31 Jul 2012

The past week has inevitably been the most exciting week I've had so far since coming back home from my A-level course. Last Wednesday, Terence decided to join me for a trip up to KL to meet up with our friends from our respective colleges. The both of us had to get up at roughly 6 so that we could make it for the 8 o'clock bus since we would only leave our houses by 7. When we both got to Melaka Sentral, we were complaining how tired we were and planned to doze off in the bus to conserve energy for the rest of the day. Alas, that will never happen when your best friend is beside you. We both talked about games and started reminiscing about our high school life. We tried to recall all of the memorable events that happened throughout our five years in school and we even tried to name all of our teachers from Form 1 to 5. I can proudly say that we could remember at least 80% of the teachers that taught us whereas the other 20% had to be the trainees that come and go every single year. Upon arrival, we both headed our separate ways and thus I shall summarise on what we both did until we started our journey back to Melaka. Terence met up with his friends in Mid Valley and had a fun time carrying a 2kg gun in the arcade for more than an hour. They also went for a gala lunch which cost him 30 bucks, which he also then expressed his disappointment with the whole meal except the pudding. After lunch, they walked around and updated themselves with each others' lives and took a few pictures in Toys R' Us and then went to Carl's Jr. for dinner before Terence left them. As for me, I met up with Peanut, Jon, Jo Ey and Michelle and played basketball for 4 hours. Period. I agree. Lifeless. However, I enjoyed every moment we shared and it was fun doing what we used to back in college during our breaks. I also managed to meet up with Joshua and had a short chat with him during lunch and as for dinner, I went back to YMCA for my dearly missed chicken katsu don. Hehe. I immediately rushed to TBS after my dinner and I, for one, am very surprised that the KTM has finally improved his services. Terence arrived much earlier than I did by KTM and the poor fellow had to wait for me for almost 20 minutes. On the bus, I couldn't believe I still had the energy to talk so much even after so much of playing ball but then by 11 at night, the both of us were knocked out and took a short nap before heading home. That was for last week. Yesterday, I headed back up to KL once more to attend my friend's memorial service in Kelana Jaya. Since it was going to end late, I decided to ask Jon if I could stay for a night in his house and he kindly offered me a spot in his room. Thus began my journey once again by bus to TBS and then I met up with Nut once more in Hang Tuah. I don't know if it's just me but he seems to have a problem with every single train station he ends up in. It's either he bought the wrong ticket or he has an extra ticket. We'll leave that aside for Holmes to settle. The both of us then headed to college to rendezvous with Michelle and Jo Ey since Michelle's sister would be fetching us to the memorial service. Nothing much was said during the entire journey in the car but we shared a few laughs when something we mutually deemed funny happened. When we reached, my late friend's father suggested that we go for our dinner first before attending the service so we went to Murni's and Nut tried the Nasi Goreng Napoleon for the very first time. As usual, everyone who had the dish was satisfied since it is generously laden with various dishes. When we were done, we entered the memorial centre and became part of the emotional atmosphere that was present. Wouldn't want to talk much about it though. She's already in a better place so personally, I'm happy for her. When the service was over, Jon, Lee Wei, Justine, Phui Kei and I sent Nut home and then we went for our supper at Original Kayu Nasi Kandar (or something like that) which boasts the longest roti tisu in KL (if I'm not mistaken). It's really amazing how the girls were willing to eat that much sugar when Jon and I had to scavenge for pieces that were free of the excess sugar and oil. Supper was soon over since everyone was quite hungry and ravenous (especially me) and we went home. Back at Jon's old place, we gamed for "awhile" until 3 in the morning (yes, you got that right) before going to bed, knowing we had to get up by 9. Fast-forwarding to 9 o'clock since I don't know how to describe how the both of us slept, Jon's mum took us out for a grand dim sum breakfast nearby and then Jon dropped me off at Maluri so that I could go to TBS by the Star LRT. Touched down in Melaka at 1 and my mum treated the whole family to ice-cream. I guess that's all I have to say for now.

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

- Copyright © It's The Thought That Matters - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -