Posted by : Isaiah 4 Jan 2014

Forgive me, my friends, for I have not been constantly updating this ol' corner of mine. Never-ending tests/ assessments, social life (not as developed as you would think) and also the temptations of video games are probably the main culprits that drew me away from doing one of my favourite activities which is writing. Hence, since it's 2014, I shall come up with an update before I procrastinate once more. Since the last time I posted something here, there'd been many things that I've experienced and gone through and maybe I shall keep the last 2 months of 2013 brief.

Things that I've done:
- Went to the Avicii live concert in Sepang (courtesy of my generous friend who gave me a free VIP pass)
- Attended my uni's Annual Dinner and also performed with 5 of my friends (I believe we did very nicely, ladies please take a number and get in line if you wanna get to know any one of them)
- Had a Christmas open house back in Melaka (hope those of you who went enjoyed yourselves with the songs and food)
- Secret Santa with my group of friends (some sort of a gift exchange game in conjunction with Christmas)
- Also, the Big Bad Wolf book sale where I wouldn't say it was good neither bad since I managed to buy a few good books

Things that I didn't do:
- Study and get good grades
- Constant exercise

Overall, I would say that 2013 wasn't exactly bad to me. Ups and downs are part and parcel of any individual's life and I don't think any one of us have the right to complain about our lives unless you don't have a roof over your head/ scavenging for leftovers to eat/ wearing discarded cloth. Maybe some of you experienced the loss of a loved one(s) or just had a really rough 365 days but do not dismay. As cliche as it sounds, God has His reasons so trust in Him that He'll make everything right for you in due time. For the meantime, carpe diem is the phrase to hold on to. For those of you who are scratching your head/ flipping through a dictionary/ attempting to type it in Google, the phrase simply means "seize the day" or in other words, live as though there's no tomorrow. However, please do not go into full #YOLO mode after reading what I've said. Living as though there's no tomorrow in my opinion is that we make full use of the time that's given to us to make ourselves and people around us happy. I hope that we've all had our fair share of good and bad and that we would make examples out of them so that we can find ways to perhaps improve ourselves. As for 2014, do your best and God will handle the rest. Aiming for a good grade? Study hard for it. Want to be fit and healthy? Get your butt out of the chair or bed, go outside and sweat it out. Got a crush? Less thinking, more talking/action (I said less not zero. Doing something without thinking is never wise). Then comes the trivial stuff in life that might affect our moods from time to time but I believe most of you know the meaning of que sera sera which translates to "whatever will be, will be". Pray that all of you will enjoy the first weekend of the new year. For me, it's just going to be playing games and finishing the book that I've started on a few days back. Have a nice day and God bless, folks.

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

- Copyright © It's The Thought That Matters - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -