Posted by : Isaiah 14 Aug 2012

I've read a passage on the Internet regarding this topic and it sounds something like this, "We make assumptions because we are too fearful to ask questions and we assume that the other party knows what we're thinking and vice versa.". I have to admit that this is very true. In our daily lives, we tend to assume, assume and assume. We think other people know what we want, how we feel and what we know. Maybe I shouldn't use the word "we" but "I" so as to make it sound less accusing to those people who may have never assumed anything in their lives before (though I know none of such person). I'm sure that 8 or 9 out of 10 times, my assumptions went wrong and out of that 8 or 9, 2 or 3 were big misunderstandings and relationships were strained in the making of the film. LOL. Seriously, this is no laughing matter. It isn't nice walking around with a bunch of friends and thinking to yourself, "Hey, why isn't this person talking to me about bla-bla-bla?". I've learnt that the hard way and I really hope to change that part of me as soon as possible. Why didn't I put my pride down and approach that person earlier instead of just parading my unhappiness and dissatisfaction as if everyone knew what I was thinking? A few days before the incident happened, I watched a great film and I came across a memorable quote from it which I would insert it into this post. "Pride only hurts, it never helps." If only I knew what was going to happen. If only. The clock can never be unwind and the last few incidents can only serve as a lesson and a painful memory for the days to come.

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

- Copyright © It's The Thought That Matters - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -