Posted by : Isaiah 2 Sept 2012

I really can't believe that time has dashed by so quickly. I could still remember back when everyone just enrolled into college, fresh from graduating from high school and now, we're parting ways to enter our desired universities be it locally or overseas. So, in order to ensure that the friendship between us does not waver, my dear friend, Jon, decided to hold another party in his very own home. Most people, even myself,  were quite surprised that I travelled all the way up to KL just for the barbeque and knowing that I had a competition the next day, I wouldn't say that I made a wise decision but I guess it was worth it since I won't be seeing them anytime soon. After helping Jon with the shopping, we went back to his place to prepare the fruit salad which took me almost an hour and a half to cut up the fruits. The effort paid off though since we were satisfied with its appearance and taste. I don't know about the rest though but that's practically the best I can come up with within such a short period of time. Time seemed to be creeping past while we were waiting for our classmates to turn up so we decided to play a game or two in order to kill time. Soon enough, people started arriving and hence, the barbeque pit was filled with sufficient amount of charcoal and lit up. Personally, I feel that the best part of any barbeque party would be the part where we had to start a fire. It took quite an effort, with the help of a few fire-starters and strong arms to fan, to get the flames crackle to life. Then came the boring part. The wait for the raw but delicious-looking grub to cook. Everyone was hungry and it took quite some time for the materials to be cooked enough to eat. However, most of them were having fun talking and goofing around while waiting. It's so unfair that time passed so slowly while we waited for our friends to arrive but it flew by while we were enjoying ourselves listening and talking to each other. In the end, I was forced to leave my friends mid-way through the barbeque to catch the bus back to Melaka. I really hope I'll be able to see them in the near future and keep in touch with them as we walk our separate ways from today onwards.

A picture of my friends.

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

- Copyright © It's The Thought That Matters - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -